Pharmacy Technician Qualifications...

Other than possibly needing a pharmacy technician certificate, what other requirements do I need in order to become a pharmacy technician?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 3:41 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• * months or more of schooling to get it and u have to pass every part of the class!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That is 8 months
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:43 PM on May. 20, 2011

• most retail chains will train you.
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 3:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am a certified pharmacy technician and I didn't go to 'school' for it. I worked in a pharmacy, they gave me some books and sample tests, they paid for me to take the certification test and I took it and passed. You can get hired to work in a pharmacy without certification and then get your certification while you work (retail anyways). The only real requirements are the normal requirements the store has, passing background check and drug testing.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:18 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yep by bff started out as a cashier at a grocery store and then the pharmecy was looking for help so she applied and got the job there as an asst. then trained for the tech job
    Anonymous

• It depends on your state. You need to contact the your state board and ask what their requirements are. I've lived in states where you don't have to go to school at all and just have to pass a test, I've lived in states where you have to have a 2 year degree plus be a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
    miss_lisa

Answer by miss_lisa at 5:47 PM on May. 20, 2011