Would you go to the party after all this? adult content

So my family and I gotten into a big fight 3 weeks ago. I finally stood up for myself and let them know how they favor my middle sister and treat me like sh**!(they let her do anything and celebrate everything she does but not me they treat me like trash) So they told me I was not allowed to attend my sister's 18th birthday next month. Even though she wants me to go and wanted me to make her birthday cake my mom went behind my back and ordered a cake from her friend. She didn't even tell me I had to find out from my sister and she won't stand up for me even though she knows they are in the wrong. She is on they're side ONLY because they are paying for her party.

So basically they banned me from my little sister's graduation, birthday party next month and I lose 200 dollars of income from the cake.

Now they are wanting me to go! Well I feel like telling them hell no!
What do you think?
It is a never ending cycle of them doing stuff like this to me. I need to break away from them and stand up for myself!

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 3:59 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Okay, so income aside . . . . . because usually we only do stuff for family at cost, right? I would go. Be the better person and don't miss the party.

I am sorry all of that stuff is happening. It is terribly painful.

Hugs
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree with imagination, give them a slap without hands, show up!

Answer by older at 4:03 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Wait? You were charging them to make the cake? That's wierd! ??????
    Anonymous

• It sounds like mind games and I just have no patience for those anymore. I probably would not go. Not only would their behavior bother me but the fact that she didn't stand up for you. That is something I really can't excuse. Maybe you should let things cool off for a bit and keep some distance.
    Anonymous

• I would go, for your sister, and no one else. If trouble arises, simply say "i'm here for my sister and thats that". Don't get loud, don't get defensive. Kill 'em with kindness.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 4:04 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Sounds like you would be cutting off your nose to spite your face in this situation. I would go to the party, play nice with the folks, then write them a letter, well thought out in your own handwriting. Make a copy for yourself and make sure you leave the door open for follow up conversation. Sometimes parents don't listen and letters can be very helpful when trying to get a point across in an emotional situation. Try to be as honest as possible and only talk about your feelings. I bet they will try to see things from your perspective and maybe you can start having an Adult relationship with them once you get the kinks ironed out.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 4:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• For supplies for a 100 people. Yes my sister wanted to buy the supplies for it.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 4:08 PM on May. 20, 2011

• They don't know how to treat me like an adult. They always talk about how I made the wrong choices in life. I had kids too young and ruined my life!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 4:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go. Its for your sister, not them.

Answer by gemgem at 4:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Drama..... It will only continue if you allow it too. Either go and be drama free or skip it. don't go if you know there will be a scene. its not fair to your sister, even if you don't start it.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 4:14 PM on May. 20, 2011