5 y/o acted up BIG time at his taekwondo (SP) class....

what do I do? he wouldnt listen to me or the instructor. he ran around like a mad man...
how do I nip this before his next class?

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 4:20 PM on May. 20, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe there shouldn't be a next class?
    Or maybe he was just having a bad day.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• What time is the class? If it's at the end of the day I'd probably skip it. Being tired is an excellent reason to act up, especially for a little guy who's been following rules and directions all day at school.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:23 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I think that depends a lot on how involved the instructors are. Our instructor told us that he almost refunded our money a year ago because he was worried that our 8 year old was un-teachable! Now a year later, he just got invited to join the leadership team. He won first place in the science fair, his grades are up, his attitude is great. He's like a different kid. The instructor was a major part of that, working with us to try everything, and he was very creative. For us, I'm impressed with them and glad we stuck it out.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 4:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• The instructors need to step up and control him.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:10 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Talk to him and tell him if he acts up again. he's done. give him 3 strikes & he;s out.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2011