Any suggestions on how to lose weight?

I'm trying to lose weight, but no matter how little or healthy I eat I can't seem to lose any weight (I am exercising 1/2 - 1 hour per day) and drink lots of water. I know a lot of people who have used diet pills or other hunger suppressants. Do they really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• my step mom did the HCG diet for 30 days and lost 50+lbs, and has kept it off. i do ZUMBA fitness dvds in 4 months i lost 45 lbs PM me if you want my before and midway through pics :)
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 4:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Don't take diet pills.

How many calories a day do you eat? A lot of people are really bad at portion sizes so even when they cut back they are still eating too much.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Maybe you need to amp your workout by some more cardio or add heavier weights and a jump rope maybe add some days where you work out twice trade up. Its also good to maybe add some swimming or power walking or even boxing?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:28 PM on May. 20, 2011

• realistically you need to eat 5-6 small meals a day, drink water, and avoid sugars. If you have a sweet tooth try to eat fruits and things with natural sugars. Also try to avoid starches like bread and pasta. Losing weight and keeping it off really needs to be a lifestyle change not just a diet. I'd give up one thing every two weeks like instead of drinking soda start with water do that for two weeks then give up sugars and so on. Good luck momma!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:32 PM on May. 20, 2011

• approx 1200 calories a day. I looked up my BMR and it shows mine at 1985 so I would think that would be enough to lose a little weight, right?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:34 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Some of those pills do suppress your hunger, but what are you going to do take them for life? You need to change eating habits and add the exercise to make it work and last.

Answer by older at 5:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I had a really hard time losing baby weight, even with faithfully doing cardio 6 x per week and strength training 3 x per week. I did 2 rounds of HCG, lost 30 lbs and now when I excercise I can actually see and feel the benefits! So sometimes it takes something small, sometimes it takes something drastic--it depends on you.
    lizi.clawson

Answer by lizi.clawson at 9:49 PM on May. 20, 2011