Strange home remedies?

Someone told me to use coffee grounds in my hair to exfoliate my scalp! Now I know people use mayo in they're hair but coffee? Weird.

What home remedies have you heard that were strange to you? Did you try it anyways?

good

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 4:38 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• Onion slices on your feet wrapped up are good for a bad cough.Tobacco pulls for pulling out a chest cold. Also my parenst used to blow cig smoke into our ears when we had ear aches!
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 4:47 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have heard of blowing cig smoke in your ears! Rubbing a pissy diaper over a child's tongue who has thrush(never tried it).

babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Rubbing the wet diaper on your face is good for your skin.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I just answered a zit question where I suggested drying them out with toothpaste.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 7:04 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I have heard about the toothpaste thing! I should try it! The wet diaper thing is too much for me LOL!
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 8:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Urine on foot fungus, peeing on your feet, baking soda to wash your face to help oil control. Both work.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 1:11 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Natural honey in your eyes for pink eye. Boy does it hurt at first, but it makes you cry a lot and the honey is a natural disinfectant. It also works on zits (left on overnight) and helps wounds heal better and with less scarring. Not the honey you buy in the little plastic bear, lol, the one you get from a natural food store or online store :) It is a much lighter color and thicker texture.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:40 AM on May. 21, 2011