I am just finding out I am ten wks preg but still havent seen my OBGYN what are my chances of my baby having complications?

mena73188

Asked by mena73188 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i was like you i found out that i was like 10 weeeks pregnant ( yes i was shocked since i had a IUD) and i didnt get to see my obgyn till i was around 14 weeks since i had to wait for my medicaid to be aprroved and they wouldnt see me untill then.But i have had no complications and actuallt this pregnancy has gone by really fast.I guess since i was kind of late finding out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You wont have complications. Most OB's don't see their patients until they're between 8-12 weeks along. It's ok. Just make an appointment.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My OB wouldn't even see untill I was I think 8. Just get some vitamins.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• As long as there was nothing to be concerned about before you got pregnant it is normal to not see the ob/gyn till then anyway so you don't really have to worry more than normal (I would know it's nearly impossible to not worry at all). Just make sure you start eating better and taking prenatal vitamins now that you know.
    DragonflyNikki

Answer by DragonflyNikki at 11:23 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• if you are still pregnant at 10 weekd you should be just fine and you skipped the ugly waiting game - cause the first 3 months are when you are mostlikely to misscarry - congrats!
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• with my first, i didn't go to a doctor until i was about 5 months.. i had no complications, and a fairly easy delivery, but i would not recommend waiting that long. the ultrasounds aren't nearly as nice when you wait.. the baby gets too big to have a good pic..
    Jazzy611

Answer by Jazzy611 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• u should be still safe but get in right away i went in at 7months when i was a 16 year old teenager and all was well thank God!
    mzjackie

Answer by mzjackie at 1:34 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Your OB/GYN will want to see you as soon as possible, but you are still early in the pregnancy game. I would make an appointment and just not stress. You should be okay.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:36 PM on Jul. 11, 2008