Rotovirus question

how manny of u moms out there has had a toddler with the rotovirus and what did u give to eat n drink and how long did tyhey have diarrhea thanks

millerchic

Asked by millerchic at 4:48 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my youngest got it at 16 months old. She was throwing up for 2 days and had diarehea for 3 weeks. She was almost dehydrated. Give lots and lots of gatorade. I let my daughter eat whatver she could or wanted just not much dairy.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My son was 13 months old when he got it - he actually didn't stop throwing up for 12 hours to even keep water down, I ended up having to bring him to the ER because he was lifeless and pale and dehydrated.. it was terrible. I was on the phone with the nurseline almost hourly until they gave the Ok - you tried all you could, go in - Good luck. SO hard..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• you should let your doctor know though if your child has this because it can be dangerous. They can get dehydrated very fast
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• thanks ladies yeah my little one is almost two but she has it bad extreame diarrhea that wont stop but paste n neosporin plasteed each time but bottom is still read has had diarrhea for goin on four or five days so sleep deprived don't know then the stomach pain she just crys m crys it's sooooooo hard i agree it sucks this virus is just plain down nasty
    millerchic

Comment by millerchic (original poster) at 5:01 PM on May. 20, 2011

• the doctor know but thanks took her in twice alrweady
    millerchic