I need ideas for a pirate theme 2nd birthday please...

We are doing red and black (duh lol) and we have a few different banners and center pieces but I need ideas to make it more custom. Instead of favor bags we are setting up a table with a treasure chest filled with "pirate favors" plastic rings, gold coins, plastic jewelry ect. We printed out invites on distressed paper and rolled them and put them in glass bottles and are going to hand them out in person (dont trust the bottles in the mail lol) but that is all I have got. I need ideas to make this party great for my little boy! Thanks so much!!

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 4:50 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A Walk the Plank party game?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Great idea! But how would I do that lol?
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 4:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Get a big refrigerator box from a local appliance store and let them decorate their 'ship' and set sail.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Pin the tail on the mermaid.
    Best "Argh" contest
    onix

Answer by onix at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• His party is going to be at my dads church and the have this big alter that I though about decorating like a ship
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You can do a treasure hunt around the house. Make a treasure map, and clues, read them the clues and put the corresponding pictures on the map (like a toilet if a clue is in the bathroom : ) ) and have them search for that treasure chest with the goodies in it. You can make a treasure chest cake, there are plenty of recipes and directions online on how to do it. They can make telescopes out of paper towel rolls or toilet paper rolls.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• How the heck could I forget about a treasure hunt?? Thanks!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Comment by Mikayla_lynn (original poster) at 4:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• http://www.toppartyideas.com/walk-the-plank-pirate-game/
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• They can also make pirate hats out of newspaper, or regular paper
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Cannonball Bop
    Each kid gets an inflated black balloon. On the mark of "GO" all the kids bop their balloon up into the air. Everyone has to try to keep all of the thrown balloons in the air by bopping them again and again. The object of this activity is that the whole group keep as many balloons afloat as possible. They can continue playing until the last balloon hits the floor, or they can bop the "cannonballs" that fell all over again. This is a fun way to start the party and/or keep the kids that have arrived busy and having fun while waiting for all the others to arrive
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2011