Things to help labor?

Im pregnant im 36 weeks an 5 days.. 2 days from full term (: Can anyone tell me any tips to help prepare for labor! What can make me go into labor faster! Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My friend had a piece of stuffed cheese pizza and had the baby same day! No signs of labor before that!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'll give you the same advice my sister gave me when I was expecting my first child....she said it would be just fine and easy as pie as long as I remembered 4 words...."I want my epidural." :) She wasn't entirely right..but close!

Don't think about it! You will conjure up stuff that isn't there. Try and stay relaxed. Spend these last few days on yourself...you won't have that luxury for a long time. I was told walking helps bring on labor.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:07 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Don't try to put yourself into labor, the baby will come when he/she is ready...don't get me wrong, I'm 36 weeks myself and definatly understand wanting to hurry up and get this over with but your body will go into labor when your body is ready to go into labor, don't even worry about it until your 40 weeks. As far as preparing mentally...just relax, thinking about it will just drive yourself crazy....me, I'm getting an epidural so...I'm looking forward to it LOL

Congragulations and Good luck mama!!!!!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 5:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Sex(Ironically) & walking makes labor come faster.

Just know that all of the horror stories you've heard are those people's take of their experiences, mostly to scare you. Just stay calm, most of the time (if no complications arise) youll sleep & watch tv. You'll get an epidural after 3 cm but not after 7, if you have an epidural they'll empty your bladder for you & turn you from side to side every hour. When its time to push you will. Baby comes at its own pace, then youll go to recovery for a n hour. you and baby will be brought to your room & youll bond. Thats about it. But every thing also depends of your birthing facility
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 5:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You do realize 40 WEEKS is "full term" not 37 weeks. And you may go until 42 weeks. You baby will not come until it is ready and if your doctor pushes it you will probably end up with a c-section.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 5:22 PM on May. 20, 2011