UTI and Pregnancy

I have, what I am pretty sure is, a UTI. I had them all the time with my first pregnancy, but not at all with my last 2.

Anyways, short of going to the doctor (or emergency room as it is sunday) is there anything that I can do or take for relief?

I know I will probably need antibiotics, but will be unable to get them until thursday as that is payday. Is there any harm in waiting?

thanks in advance for your suggestions!

mom2AJandDamien

Asked by mom2AJandDamien at 2:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My friend told me her dr told her to take cranberry tablets i forget what they are called they help and would probably get you to thursday. Or just cranberry jucie in general. But my dr told me i couldnt take them, we were both pregnant at the time it just depends on your dr. i guess.
    Anonymous

• Drink lots and lots of water!!!!! Also, you can drink cranberry juice. Remember, WATER, WATER, WATER!! It helps wash out the toxins.
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 3:00 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Just make sure you don't get dehydrated until you are about to get the antibiotics. Drink some cranberry juice. And make sure your urine doesn't get really dark(blood tinged)
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 3:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Just drink a ton of water or cranberry juice,b ut be careful....if you start cramping or having contractions go to the ER ASAP! When I was prego with DS, I was 30 weeks and almost went into labor because of a UTI.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Cranberry juice works wonders (and it doesn't have to be straight cranberry juice, cran-grape or any other "cocktail" works just as well). And there are urinary symptom relief tablets that are basically like the ones the doc gives you to take with the antibiotics to make you feel better, you can get those OTC at the pharmacy, usually in the same aisle as the yeast infection meds.

If it's just the antibiotics you can't afford, you can get generics for free at Publix. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2008