should I just give up?

so the last 2 men I have been with turned out to not REALLY want a relationship although they said they did. The first guy I was okay with ,but this last guy I fell in love with and when I told him I wanted to be ina relationship and that I had fallen for him he responds with he's not ready for relationship then tells me he thinks I would cheat on him (his ex cheated on him many times) I have never cheated on anyone not even my ex who I never loves=d and was with for 3 yrs. Should I just give up on finding anyone? Am I doing soemthing wrong or is it just the ass holes I pick....oh yeah and the guy is now in a relationship with someone he has known 2 weeks and they are "in love"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I think you just havent met the right guy yet, dont give up. You will meet him when your not looking.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yep, it'll happen when you're not looking. Work on being the best person YOU can be ON YOUR OWN. That's what will attract the kind of man you deserve to have.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• ALL I GOT TO SAY IS IT SOUNDS LIKE HIS PAST STILL HIRTS HIM. HE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT! THAT'S NOT YOU......... RIGHT. IF HE IS IN ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP NOW . LET HIM GO................. THERE IS MORE FISH IN THE SEA SWEETHART.JANINEHOTMAMA
    Janinehotmama

Answer by Janinehotmama at 3:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Ill give you the advice my mom gave me and she was right. Maybe your type of guy isnt your type. Try dating someone you dont think is your type. They might not be jerks?

Answer by gemgem at 3:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think you should just give yourself a break in actively looking for a relationship. Don't stop dating. Usually when your not looking. That's when you find a good man.

Answer by louise2 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I got fed up with the guys I dated so took a break from dating. There was a guy at work that I enjoyed talking with, and there was a movie we both wanted to see, so we went together, and I discovered he was a great guy to be around. He became my best friend. It wasn't until later that we fell in love. and got married. He is still my best friend. There are good guys out there. You may find them doing volunteer work, or taking a class that you are taking, for example.

Answer by Bmat at 3:59 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think they are all assholes.
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 4:25 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• tell him you won't cheat on him if he doesn't make you cheat on him. tell him to give you time, attention and lots of sex and you will have no need for another man. Most women cheat bc they get lonely. Contact his ex and ask her if it's true she cheated and if so, was it bc she was lonely or bc she just wanted to. Maybe I'm just bold but I'd call her in a heartbeat. He could be lying and making an excuse not to get involved with you in a long term relationship. then again some men just think all women cheat. Too bad he doesn't judge you on your own merit. I hate it when men judge us bc of what someone else did

Answer by admckenzie at 4:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• trust me i had that thought alot in my past and recently met the person i was ment to be with and now it all makes perfect sense to me why the others didnt work out hang in there girl and it will happen when it should
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I wouldn't say "give up"...but I would say maybe take a break from LOOKING for the right guy. Sometimes when you're in a rut it's best to take a break because you end up putting too much pressure on yourself and the guy...which isn't a good formula for a long term commitment.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2008