5 month old has bad gas..Help!

My 5 month old daughter has been having bad gas for the past few days and i dont know what i can do. It smells too whenever she farts. Another thing is she hasnt been pooping either for past few days. She seems like she is more fussy to. Please any advice would help! I have been pushing her legs into her chest and burping as usual and massaging her tummy.

lovemylife88

Asked by lovemylife88 at 5:54 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One word, mama: MYLICON. ..its the #1 pediatrician recommended brand of gas relief drops. if you want to try all natural, i've heard good things about gripe water, sold in health food stores and at ingles grocery stores.. im all about natural remedies, but when my baby was in pain??? mylicon worked, so i didnt feel the need to try anything else. keep in mind that gas is often caused by harmless bacteria breaking down baby's food. its nothing you're doing wrong. a quick fix may be to hold baby like a football, on her belly.. on your forearm? head slightly down? gravity seems to play a part in this.. though im not sure... but it does work.. good luck, mama.
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 7:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yes them drops work miracles!!!!!!!!!
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 7:17 PM on May. 20, 2011

• YUP gas drops mylicon or generic work the same! life savers and yes Gripe water is GREAT except it takes longer to work but when it does its wonderful, a little more $$ too.
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 9:43 PM on May. 20, 2011

• also if shes a bit constipated IDK if you give solids but a little applesauce or even apple juice works well, and so do pears, pear juice, prunes and peaches. any p's = poop
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 9:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Actually, Mylicon didn't work at all for my son, I might as well gave given him water! Try Chamomile tea (naturally decaffeinated), worked WONDERS for my son!!! I boiled about 1 oz. of hot water and soaked a bag of Chamomile in the water for a few minutes then added 1 oz. of cold water to it (always check the temp b4 giving to baby) I promise it helps!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 9:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Thanks! I actually gave her a bit of a bottle with some water in it and soon after that she had a big poop. I never thought id be so happy to see a poopy diaper in my life! :P
    lovemylife88

Comment by lovemylife88 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on May. 21, 2011