Girls Don't Like White?

So we were out looking at bedroom furniture to buy for our 5yo DD. I had the same white bedroom set from the time I was 4 to the time I moved out of my parents' house and never had a problem with it. I told the saleman today that I wanted white for DD and he said that it would be fine for her now, but when they turn 9, the girls don't want white anymore. I told him I had white and he said "that was another time." Seriously? Girls don't like white anymore?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 6:02 PM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a white set form the time I was 4 and used it until I had kids and then gave it to my girls. We're planning on getting them new dressers and they will be white. It goes with everything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:16 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Keyword : salesMAN. You can always paint if she really hates it THAT much down the road.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Not sure on this one my daughter has had white furniture since she was born and she'll have it until she moves out and she is 9 and hasn't said anything at all. Unless she wants to buy new stuff I am not that's why I bought her the 3 piece change from crib to toddler bed to single when she was born so I wouldn't have to buy anything else again but maybe a mattress here & there.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Mine had all white when she was little also. I think she was probably around 13 or so when she got a new set and chose a light wood color. She also changed her favorite colors and all of that. I think it is normal for them to outgrow styles.

Answer by gemgem at 6:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I grew up with a wood bed and wanted a silver metal bed by my teen years but I also wanted to paint my peach room two shades of purple. But silver and purple are my colors, peach and light brown aren't.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes, they do..And I do too.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm sure it depends on the child. I'm pretty confident that whatever I buy my kids now, they will hate it by the time they are teenagers because that's just the way kids are!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I guess I'm old I like natural wood stain not white.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:38 AM on May. 21, 2011