Stressed about baby names.

I have gone through the baby name book, page by page, name by name about 5 times. I write down names I like, ones I think of while reading through them. I've been on the Social Security website with all of the top names. I've looked at the baby name finder on CM, and I've gone so far as looking through my CM friends profiles on here to read what other CM's have named their kids.

We absolutely cannot agree on a name. Our first DD was easy. We agreed on her name before we even knew if she was a boy or girl. This time I only have a few weeks left and baby girl #2 doesn't have a name yet. Neither of us can agree on a name, every name I like, DH hates.. every name he likes, I hate. We can't even come up with a single name that we are both "ok" with. Compromising is out of the question (like letting him pick her first name, and me her middle) because both of us hate each other's names.

I am honestly terrified that this baby is not going to have a name. Of course that sounds stupid, because she really can't just not have a name, but seriously.. what happens if we can't agree? Do we really just pick a random name that one of us hates?

Please, I know this sounds ridiculous, but give me some suggestions! Where else can I look for names? What can we do as far as compromising if we both hate the names each other likes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Baby Names

• Check out www.nymbler.com It generates suggestions based on names you like.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 8:11 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Someone is probably going to have to give in. What kind of names do you like?
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 6:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I like some of those names too. What type of names does he like?

I named all three of my boys and did a lot of searching like you did so I figure this is pretty frustrating.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 7:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• What about using family names? Our second child's name will be all family names. If it's a boy, his name will be Oliver Liam. Oliver after my deceased father in-law and Liam after my deceased grandpa. If it's a girl, her name will be Olivia Eindy. Olivia after my deceased father in-law and Eindy after my deceased mother in-law.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Wow... I'm sorry. My husband and I didn't have issues with naming our first child (but we did go a few weeks back and forth on boy names, thankfully we had a girl) and we already have our second baby's names picked out even though we aren't TTC or pregnant.

Use a name that you like for a first name and use a name he likes for the middle.

Who was the main one who came up with your first child's name? If it was you, let him decide the name. If it was him, let you decide the name.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You should tell us what he likes, maybe someone can find something new that you both will like.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:45 PM on May. 21, 2011

• wow thats crazy...mine were easy to come up with but i definitely am sorry to hear you both do not like each other names choices...MY DH is that way too with names i like....write a list down of the ones you like and he likes and see if you can come up with the first and middle name..IDK or write a few names down that you both can agree and when she comes out and you see her then you will know...my niece and her fiancée was goin back and forth with names and she had asked me and another friend and since her and i and the friend was prego at the same time mine came first and his name is daniel and then the friend had her son and his is devin and so was like ok what about a D name and we thought about destiny...and my nieces fiancee wasnt sure but when he saw his baby girl he named her destinee...
    mamaevans2

Answer by mamaevans2 at 8:06 PM on May. 21, 2011

• i didn't know anything like nymbler existed but that is pretty much what i was gonna suggest... maybe invent a name combining a name each of you like? best of luck to you :)
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 12:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I am all over the place with names, classic, unique, different, super common.. Some of my favorites:
    Alexa
    Madelyn
    Heather
    Kadence
    Oliva
    Sophia
    McKayla
    Audry/Audra
    Hannah
    Grace

The list goes on and on and on. DH just hates them all. :-(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Lavender Blossom _____________
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on May. 23, 2011