We having a get together.....

and invited a few people. Everyone is suppose to bring a dish(es). For Easter everyone in the family brought something except for one couple. Their excuse was that they didn't know what everyone else was bringing. A couple of weeks ago we had a gathering. The same couple came late and only brought enough food for them! They actually went off to the side and cooked their own stuff! Okay we having a get together tomorrow and I am refusing to bring anything to this one. (second get together me and hubby was the only that provided the food). Do you think its wrong if I don't bring anything? We having a car show and we was jsut going to throw something on the grill for everyone to eat. I'm thinking about packing some sandwiches up for hubby and the kiddos. What do you think? We planned these events months ago, so it is not the spur of the moment.barbecuing

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 6:17 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• When you're dealing with a crowd it's best someone designate. You say we need this many people for this, someone for salad, etc. If someone chooses to not bring anything and not eat, that's their choice. However, be clear on what to bring and how many. Also, you can ask "who will be organizing the next party" so you don't get stuck with it as a job. There will always be people that have excuses and take a pass, set the expectations up front and be clear. Straight up! Enjoy your party.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:22 PM on May. 20, 2011