Sudafed

Hello! I am 18 weeks prego. Am I allowed to take Sudafed Extra Strength tablets? I know I can take Sudafed, but is extra strength alright?

Danielle875

Asked by Danielle875 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I took extra strength once or twice because the regular wasn't available.

I'm 38 weeks and I'm perfectly fine =]

But you might want to call your doctor to be 100% sure. What was alright for me may not be alright for you, you never know.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• If it's sold over the counter, yes. If it's the kind oyu have to be 18 to buy, no. Just make sure there's not fenal something in it. Call the doctor and ask.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• ^^ Phenylephrine. That's one thing you're NOT supposed to take while pregnant, it's sold with pseudoephedrine as Sudafed PE. STAY AWAY from that. You need to take just straight Sudafed, and you do have to be 18 to get it. You can buy Sudafed PE without your license, but because it has phenylephrine in it, it's a pregnancy no-no.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yes, that. ha. I really even screwed up my abbriviation lol. It is very bad, and causes many birth defects.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 3:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Regular Sudafed is fine, but when I take it, it makes my heart race so I took it once and said I will deal with the cold.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:12 PM on Dec. 7, 2008