Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My fiancee and I have been been trying to get pregnant but we haven't hd much luck, I am scared it might not be possible since we have been trying for almost three years. If any one has any advice i will be glad to hear you out thank you.

Answer Question

Asked by a.begay1037 at 6:32 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

Level 2 (11 Credits)
Answers (8)
  • If you have been trying for 3 ears it may be time to get some testing done. There are any number of things that can slow down or prevent someone from getting pregnant and a lot of them are 'fixable' May as well go get checked out now rather than later. Good luck!!

    Answer by But_Mommie at 6:34 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • Is your cycle regular. Comes every 29(example) days like clock work. If so, you are ovulating. It could be that you dont have enough fertile mucous or it could be his sperm.

    I would recommend charting (Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a good book on it)
    I would also talk to a doctor about it.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 6:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • its been close to clock work i say wih in a five day range some times a day or two earky or late

    Comment by a.begay1037 (original poster) at 6:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • Go see a fertility doctor. It is suggested if you do not get pregnant between 12-18 months you should see if there isnt another issue.

    Answer by gemgem at 6:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • Make sure you have gone to your primary to get your yearly labs done. Stuff like blood sugar and thyroid issues can really get in the way of that egg getting fertilized.

    If everything comes out normal, then get to the OB for some fertility tests.

    I founf ovulation predictor strips to be amazing in helping me pinpoint exact days . . . that may be worth a try for you.

    Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • thank you ladies i really feel lke we still have hope, we have just been kind of sakey about going to see a doctor i didnt want to find out that we cant have children. thanks tothese answers i feel m not alone with this prblem it happens to a lot of women. we just kept telling our selves that it was a developement issue and it would correct itself over time but now i see i have a chance to correct any problems sooner rather then later

    Comment by a.begay1037 (original poster) at 7:35 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • I'd also recommend a specialist. They'll be able to get you the help you need and get to the root of the problem.

    Answer by tspillane at 8:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

  • Go see a fertility doc.

    Answer by Prayforblessing at 10:43 PM on May. 20, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.