What is the F'ing point anymore? Can someone please tell me?

(didn't know where to put this so I put it here in relationships, I figured this post is about me and my relationship with myself)

I dance and dance and dance in fucking circles and I get nowhere! I'm so tired of this. I'm tired of struggling through life to get to a destination that still sucks.

Sometimes I wonder why I continue to try and why I put myself through this why can't I just be happy with "getting by"?

Why can't I just be satisfied with the mediocre life I have?

Why do I feel the urge to get an education and have a career to be proud of when every door I open slams right back into my face?

Why do I dream of owning my own home someday or buying a new car when it probably wont ever happen at this rate?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• i use to be the same way.. I use to say the SAMEthings to myself.. Until i stopped.. my life is what it is. the only person that can change ur life is YOU. be happy with what you do have and dont worry about what u dont. There are people that have it worse then you. I stuggled and still struggle. I realized theres no point to stress over life. Just go with the flow. sometimes u wont like it and sometimes u will. I started to see the only thing that matters are my child and as long as they are happy so am i.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 6:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Even if you had those things they wouldnt make you happy or make you feel complete. I came from a well off family and chose to walk away from all of it. We all have the same problems, and in the end you have to be happy with yourself before anything in your life can make you happy.

Answer by gemgem at 6:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i ve been in your shoes literally...i know its hard but take advantage of the help you get now and go to school...you should qualify for grants...you will feel so much better once your doing somthing to achieve your goals...it's not going to be easy,but you have to do it for your family...you and your kids....thats all the family you need...teach your kids that no mattr how down life has you....you can ALWAYS pick yourself back up...it's not going to happen over nigh but it will never happen if you dont take the first steps...go to school hun make something of your life.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 7:07 PM on May. 20, 2011

• This is your time to circle the wagons bring the pain skate up a sand hill in ice skates! This your chance to prove you can prevail over crap and a ration of shit. I would sit down and decide either man up or bitch out I myself had to change my goals to reach them never changed the goal just how to reach it. Believe it be it live it and move on to make it happen.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:37 PM on May. 20, 2011

• one day at a time one acheiveable goal at a time...you cant go buy a house or new car now...let it go...for now...you can go to school...do that...even if it takes 6 yrs. for a 4 yr. degree...that 6 yrs. will pass either way...it's what your life will be like at the end of those 6 yrs...a chance to get a career and with that career a new car and then a home...one day and one goal at a time...dont look at the big picture foucus on the little things that make the big picture...or you will feel like your failing and with that mentality you will fail...GL
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 6:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm tired of being on welfare and being treated like crap because of it. I hate welfare. Its nice to have the help but I want to be able to do it on my own. I've put in 50 applications/ resumes in the last 2 months and nothing. I had interviews and nothing still. I just want to be successful I want to have a career. Something to fall back on, something to support my family with. I want to have self fulfillment. My proudest moment was when I graduated CNA top in my class. I want that feeling back. Being proud of myself and who I am. Not depending on the government to help me raise my kids. Its not right. And I have ppl telling me what to do around me but what do they know? They had parents pay for their college. Or help them with their kids. I have no family.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:01 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I can't even get into school :( my choice is $30,000 or wait until Sept. and see if I win the lottery at the city college and get into their program for $3,000. I feel like damn I lose either way. Am I smart enough to make the top 20 to get accepted into that class even if I win the school lottery?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:04 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Where do you live that you cant get grants and have school paid for? or even a student loan...which would suck but alot of people have to do it
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 7:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't think that ambition is something you should want to rid yourself of. It sounds like it is time to reevaluate whether what you're trying to do and your goals are in line with each other so you are not spinning your wheels. You need to see a payoff before you lose hope.

I remember when we were just starting out, living in a shit apartment, eating the same crappy food over and over...wanting a baby and knowing we couldn't afford to yet. Every day was work, school, sleep...work, school, sleep...and it went on for years. My father would tell me he would never want to "be young again" because it was so hard to start out.

Now that we are both out of school, in a house that we own outright, with zero debt and decent jobs and a family we can afford...all of that time was worth it. But it took YEARS.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 7:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Take heart! No excuses, go after what you want. But at the same time, remember what is most important in life! Family, relationships. You can't take the money with you when you die! Think positive!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:24 AM on May. 21, 2011