What do you get a 7yr old boy for christmas who has everything...

What do you get a 7yr old boy for christmas who has everything and not really into anything specific?

jacksmom9601

Asked by jacksmom9601 at 3:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Holidays

• My son is 8 and hes into bakugan which I guess is a big deal like pokemon used to be. I got him 3 of those. He also likes movies so he got some of those. If he has a game system find out what kind and a couple games are always hits. My son also likes remote control cars, race car tracks, star wars figures, books, if all else fails clothes.

Answer by gemgem at 3:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have started buying my boys a gift here and there but giving them a visa gift card also. This way, I can take them after Christmas when all the sales are really good and let them pick out what they want and where they want to go. They love it!! They are 14 and 10. It has really helped me out in the last couple of years because they are both so different and also not just into one thing.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 3:28 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• You get him nothing. Why does he have everything to begin with?

Get him little stuff if you really want to go all out.
    My son is two and has just about everything a 2 year old could want but my husband and I made an agreement that this will be his LAST christmas getting alot of stuff... From now on, maybe 3 toys.
    ReadyToRage

Answer by ReadyToRage at 3:32 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I like the idea of their own card, let them make the decision, that way they are happy. But also you might want to start with a trash can and some outdoor activities. I have overbearing grandparents (on both sides) so I go through our toy room every 2 months and clean it out (broken toys go into the trash, and toys they never play with I put up for a while, after 6 months to a year I take them down and my kids decide if they go to charity or they want to play with them again) A little more work on my part, but it works for us.
    Anonymous

• A savings account. Cloths, shoes, under cloths. New coat,

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Nothing................Have him give to a kid that don't have as much as he.
    Anonymous

• Books
    Anonymous

• Book are a great idea. Also, gift cards to the movies (ours lets you buy bucks that can be used on popcorn etc. too). A trip to a special place like a zoo or aquarium with a pal. Things to organize his room. New bedding. A puzzle, and then spend time with him putting it together. A musical instrument. A real watch, that he can practice telling time on (not a digital.) A neat savings bank (ToysRUs had some cool ones) with a few dollars already in it. He's only 7 - I don't agree with the moms who say "Nothing". He's 7! He needs to be thrilled on Christmas - it's not his fault he doesn't need anything.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I agree w/ the above post. Great ideas!
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 8:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I'd like to thank all of you for responding...some really great ideas!! And as 3gymnastsmom said it's not his fault he doesn't need anything. Def love the idea of visa card...especially shopping after the holiday for all the sales! :) Hes mentioned bakugan but I have no idea what it's all about LOL And def agree with cleaning out the toys...we've started doing that since we're limited on room and he's started to realize there are people out there that have a lot less then us...especially these days.
    jacksmom9601

Answer by jacksmom9601 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008