How do you figure?

Our one day is multiple to gods? Who came up with tis. I've never heard that before so I am curious

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 6:48 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i've actually explained this in a pseudo scoencey kind of way once before. I'll try to remeber the conversation but it was one where I was playing Devil's advocate in the scenario of "creator guided evolution" in an old Creationist vs Evolution debate.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:51 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure if time flows the same for God or not.... I do believe He is "beyond" time, if that makes sense, but I don't know whether I believe He experiences it so differently than we do, in terms of its flow (not really talking about the effect, lol)...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• probably loosely translated/interpreted from biblical scripture.
    psalm 90:4-For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.
    2 peter 3:8-But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

..eh, for example.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My personal perspective: It isn't that one day to us is literally multiple to God or that one day to God is multiple to us. It is more of a concept that is meant to put in perspective the vastness of time (eternity) and God's place in it. We believe God has always been and in the grand scheme of things on of our little days is nothing compared to Him. We can't even begin to comprehend how the flow of time feels to Him. How would one "day" in eternity feel? How long could that possibly be?

I don't know if that makes sense. Hopefully someone else can come along and explain it a little better.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• OK the theory was around something like this. The earth is approximately 150 million KM fromt he sun, taking into account the speed of light it takes apporximately 8 minutes for the sun's light to reach us here on earth. The furthst planet is pluto which would mean it takes approx 5 1/2 hours for light from teh sun to reach pluto. Now this is just to give you idea of how long it takes objects traveling at the speed of light to reach a point elsewhere in the universe from it's origin (Such as the suna nd earth or pluto) Now we know the universe is much much bigger than that. But given this scenario we can imagine "God" at being at the center of the universe and having to "distribute" his "powers for creation" over the universe. Now for an object to reach earth it would take many many many years. So what God does one day would not "reflect" on earth til thousands of years later, thus one day to god = many days or even years
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 6:59 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That was supposed to read *one* of our little days. lol
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:59 PM on May. 20, 2011

• In which case a 7 day "creation" for God would equate to MILLIONS of years for us.
    Again it's pseudo science and only loosely based on the concepts of speed of light etc, but that's a quick explanation of my playing Devil's Advocate.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• there is one god and one jesus!!!!!! jesus is gods son
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 7:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I never heard of that Kristi, thanks for making my brain stretch with a new idea.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It was just an odd thought I had come up with when asking myself the same question and trying to think of how it could work out.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:16 PM on May. 20, 2011