Where can I find a reasonably priced crib set?

My husband and I found out this week that we're expecting. My MIL is already hounding me about a crib. (This will be the first grandchild on both sides, but MY parents aren't being pushy. They're letting us bask in the excitement.) If I don't pick one out soon, I'll be stuck with what my MIL wants me to have, and she has HORRIBLE taste. Any suggestions?

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 6:51 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Try Once Upon a Child if you have one. It is like a consignment store, they take in used cribs, furniture and all of it. The stuff has to be in great shape before theyll take it too. I got my granddaughters crib set there. It was white, came with a changing table and a dresser. I think I paid around $150 for all of it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Craigslist.org if you live in a decent size town and you don't mind used.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• also.... i would NEVER buy a used mattress. its linked to SIDs. I bought everything used other than the mattress, changing table pad (the table itself was used), bottles or anything that enters the mouth, or a carseat.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 6:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• gemgem- damn! thats bargain shoppin right there! Shoot lol But... i must say..i got my crib from a garage sale that had only been used for a year..in GREAT shape for only 75 bucks! It's amazing how cheap ppl will sell things to get rid of shit lol Try garage sales...but if you are wanting to buy from a store.. walmart is the cheapest out of all the place i been to.
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 6:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Ahahaha!!!! My mother offered me my crib. Yeah, it's 27 years old, but it's a nice crib. We just have to buy a mattress. This will make my MIL crazy!!
    mrsjon

Comment by mrsjon (original poster) at 6:56 PM on May. 21, 2011