Has anyone ever taken the prenatal vitamin called Expecta made by the producers of Enfamil?

mena73188

Asked by mena73188 at 10:27 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I did but it made me sick like all prenatal vitamins. Sorry I'm not much help. :-/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Expecta by Enfamil is actually a supplement, not a prenatal and should not be used in place of a daily prenatal vitamin. It is only a DHA supplement. It should be used in conjunction with a daily prenatal.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• And yes, I've taken them but only the ones I got as a free sample from my doctors office. I talked to my OB and he said that unless you're very deficient in DHA, they aren't necessary.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:33 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• is it expecta lipil? i think and i am not positive but isnt that just a fish oil specially formulated for pregnant women to be taken along with your prenatal?
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 1:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I TOOK THE EXPECTA ALONG WITH MY PRENATALS THE WHOLE TIME I WAS PREGNANT. I COULDN'T TAKE THE PRENATALS WITH LOTS OF DHA IN THEM CUZ IT MADE ME SICK. SO I HAD TO TAKE THEM SEPERATE.
    HuntersMom4908

Answer by HuntersMom4908 at 1:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I took the free samples I got, then switched to fish oil caps. It's the same thing, DHA, just the Expecta isn't from fish, and it costs five times as much. DHA is supposed to be good for eyes, and my poor baby needs all the help she can get.
    Jmum

Answer by Jmum at 11:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2008