Any of you with a good home remedy for

sore throat or headache?

smurfyangel

Asked by smurfyangel at 7:03 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Health

• Headache (which I am nursing now) Caffeine and Aspirin.

Sure throat... I have CEBV so I have them almost constantly. Hot tea w/ honey. Lemon/honey. Lozenges. Warm compress. Again, Aspirin.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:07 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Sore throat: 3 or 4 spoons of honey mixed with lemon juice.

Headache: Rub the "meaty" area between your thumb and first finger HARD. (When you feel a twinge of pain, you'll know you're rubbing hard enough!)

Ice Cream Headache: Press the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth HARD and hold for one minute. Oddly works!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Sore throat: make a lemon tea (only needs water and lemon juice, but you can mix other teas in if you like) and add some honey.

Headache...that's trickier, things you can try are: drink plenty of water, get away from noises and lights, caffiene (just be wary that it can mess with your sleep and is often mixed in diuretic drinks which would make a dehydration headache worse).
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 7:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• ..a tight fitting baseball cap or a big, shaggy, low fitting stocking cap or tam helps with my headache. a tea made with dried sage, although it tests your gag reflex, will ease a sore throat.
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 7:34 PM on May. 20, 2011