Is it ok to take a 6 mo old to the movies if she is quiet?

I had people give me dirty looks when we went into the theater but she slept most of the time and never cried... were they just worried she would scream the whole time?

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 7:41 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• No,because you can't guarantee a child will be quiet

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It's really loud for an infant in my opinion. Others may feel the same way, although I wouldn't give you a dirty look. :)
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• probably. depending on the movie, the noise could startle her, then disturb the fellow moviegoers. i know i've been disturbed in movies more than once by crying children..or most often, children running around, up/down the steps playing, with parents undisturbed or caring that their children are distracting everyone else!
    last movie we went to, granted it was a kids flick..but we were at the top/back, and so was this kid, continually hanging off the railing, climbing on top of it, and i kept telling him he was gonna fall off..god knows, if he fell, the parents would've sued the theatre...the parents were sitting..you guessed it..ON THE FRONT ROW, not paying any attention to their kid, all the way up where we were.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It should not be okay to bring a 6 month old to a movie theater. Outside drivein only.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• oh i should reiterate, 'probably' was my answer to ''were they just worried she would scream the whole time?"
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:49 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt have given you a dirty look but I don't agree with bringing a 6 month old into a theater either...for one, that's REALLY loud for such a young baby and also it wouldnt have been fair to the other patrons if the baby HAD started crying and just because she didnt cry that ONE time you cant gaurentee that she won't the next time. If I was watching a movie and a baby started crying in the theater I would be PISSED
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 7:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i took mine to the theaters when they were that age. i didnt care if ppl looked at me
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 7:51 PM on May. 20, 2011

• There's a theater here in San Antonio that has baby night, so parents can bring their babes to the movies w/out the dirty looks that I and many others would give someone who brought a baby to a regular movie. Beyond my belief that it's too loud in a theater, especially if it's an action flick, I also think you have no way of guaranteeing your kid will be quiet. Truth be told I'd be a little pissed if I saw it. I have a 1 year old- I got a babysitter so I could get some me time and respect my fellow moviegoers. I'd wonder why you didn't do that.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 7:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I did it with my youngest, because he was breastfed and easily quieted if he did cry. I wore him in a wrap, and my hand was over the ear facing out, the other was mushed against my body. He only startled once, and that was when I accidentally dribbled some ice cold drink on him. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• well there is the possibility of her screaming, getting scared, interruptions, too loud for her, etc.

drive in is one thing, you can adjust the volume, nurse, no disturbance, privacy.

but at the movies in a theater its not really respectful to other theater goers.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:03 PM on May. 20, 2011