Husband says i baby him

my dh called me on his way home from work and i asked if he would mind picking up taco bell. i have had a rough day and wasn't really in the mood to cook. he came home empty handed so i gave him a choice either change the diaper of our ds or go back out and get the food. he shrugged his shoulders and sat there. so i changed ds and asked him what he wanted me to get him to eat.

he then informed me he didnt want anything from taco bell. i said well i guess i will go cook dinner and he gets mad at me!!! said i was treating him like a baby cause i offered to cook. i mean who the hell says  that???? how do you make someone like that happy??

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 7:47 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't pick up his slack! He wont do chores if he knows you'll always just take care of in anyway.

You tell him "you're right, I was treating you like a baby by doing your chores for you...I want to treat you like a man, so from now on I will treat you like the responsible man I know you are."

You may be laughing on the inside or hoping lightning doesn't strike you for lying because you really don't think he's responsible...but you'd be amazed how many boy-men actually step up and start acting like responsible mem when their wives pretend like crazy that they are responsible. You are really powerful, but you need to grit your teeth and NEVER lift a finger for a chore he supposed to do. If he's supposed to wash the dishes, and there's not a single clean dish in the house - don't wash them, eat with your hands if you have to...he'll freak out, and then you'll used your sweetest voice to say that you just know he'll take care of
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 9:14 PM on May. 20, 2011

• lol ask him what crawld up his butt and died today
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 7:49 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't see that as babying him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• He probably feels guilty because he didn't pick up Taco Bell so he's just on the defensive.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:57 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It's because he WAS acting like a baby. Geez. I would have made food just for ME. lol
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 7:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yeah, he definitely has something up his ass!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt feed him anything if he's acting like that! Is he on his rag?!?
    DsMama06

Answer by DsMama06 at 7:56 PM on May. 20, 2011

• my husband doesnt feel guilty about anything. trust me it wasnt that
    Ronnies_Girl

Comment by Ronnies_Girl (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree that you're babying him by just picking up his slack...but he is ACTING like a baby, so what choice do you have?! It sounds like if you don't do it, it doesn't get done.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Most men would be happy to be babied, lol. My husband loves it. Although, I do have to agree with meooma. I would just ask him what he would like for dinner, maybe he wants something from somewhere else.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:38 PM on May. 20, 2011