Just want to know what yall would do?...

been at my job which i love working at for a year and half i make decent money but my husband got a really good job to where he is working out of town question is i am considerin quiting my job to go with him my co-worker tells me when the baby gets here after my six weeks i will be begging to go to work she said its like her get a way time dont want to make the wrong choice so any advice would be nice:)thanks

Brit0001

Asked by Brit0001 at 7:58 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• Sounds like two questions, or is it if you move you won't get another job? Anyway, everyone is different, you won't know what you want to do until after you have the baby. Everybody does not have the same life experience, and pregnancy and post-partum are no different. You may not want to leave your baby! I would say to be prudent, don't move until after the baby is born, just for the sake of not changing too much in your life when everything is about to change, especially if this is your first child. I know its hard not to take advice when you don't have anything to compare it to, but consider the source. A co-worker? Do you trust her? Anyway, what about your mother or a good trusted friend? What do they say? Good luck with whatever you decide.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I love staying at home with my kids. I never thought I would but I honestly do not wish I was back at work rather than spending time with them while they are so young. and at 6 weeks postpartum... I was still exhausted and loving snuggling with my tiny babies! Just because someone was ready to go back to work doesn't mean you have to be.
    There are always opportunities to find new jobs- there are only very few and precious years to spend with your kids while they are young. If you have the chance to try being a SAHM, I would say give it a try:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It's a blessing if you can stay home and watch your baby grow. Who's gongi to babysit if you are working? I don't want my baby going to daycare, b/c they have a lot of germs and they always get sick. Many of my friends put thier kids to daycare and the kids always have a running nose or flu. I"m lucky got mom to help. I would love love to stay home and play with my baby all day, it's a full time job and more tiring than your full time job, but much more rewarding. You will know when the baby is here, and you will have a hard time leaving him/her
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:36 PM on May. 20, 2011

• thank you all so much i feel the same way it is my frist child on the way and i have waited for so long to get prego that i just cant imagine WANTING to go to work and my co-worker has a bad two year old lol maybe thats why she is ready to leave her if i do have to go back to work my mother and my husband grandmother are taking turns babysitting her so either way she will not be in day care. sorry my first comment was all over the place my question is i would be leaving this job for good...and just stay at home but my husband is not at home right now only sunday since he is working out of town thats the only reason i want to quit is to be "free" to go see him its really hard stayin home alone(not really alone cuz i have been stayin with my parents)
    Brit0001

Comment by Brit0001 (original poster) at 8:25 AM on May. 21, 2011

• think
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:52 PM on May. 21, 2011