What to do if problem with children getting along?

My daughter doesn't like her sister at all she hurt her in injuries and i just don't know what to do?

Alimaya20

Asked by Alimaya20 at 7:59 PM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• how old are they??? that would help mine are 3 and 4...
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:28 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My14 and 12 yr old do not get along very well, and they fight. When I hear them start arguing I will wait a few minutes to see if they resolve it or if I need to step in. If I have to get into it, I will listen to both boys versions of the event and then decide how to handle it. I do talk to each boy about their part in the incident. Then usually I separate them to different rooms for a while- so they each get a chance to cool down and not be pestered by the other. If they did get physical with each other I skip the warnings and go right to a 'consequence'. If they did not get physical they get a 'warning'. (I have a 3 stike system- #1- warning, #2- warning #3- consequence).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:57 AM on May. 21, 2011

• The one getting torcherd is 2 years old the oldest 5 years old
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 2:00 AM on May. 21, 2011

• thats nice you can handle that
    Alimaya20

Comment by Alimaya20 (original poster) at 2:01 AM on May. 21, 2011