Any suggestions to how I can get my milk up to @ least 5 ounces.

Hi, my son is 5 months 4 days old & all I get out of my Breasts are drops... I started using Fenugreek & Drinking Organic Mothers Milk & my supply has gone up a little, so just a few more drops every time I squeeze my breasts. SO I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions to how I can get my milk up to @ least 5 ounces. Just Let me know Please!!!

TristianMom2010

Asked by TristianMom2010 at 8:05 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Drink lots of water.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 8:09 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I take it you are pumping? Try pumping in the morning: when your baby is nursing on one breast, pump from the other...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• lots of water, pumping, continue drinking Mother's Milk tea or Organic Red Raspberry Leaf tea, eat oatmeal
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 8:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Pumping is not an reliable gage of what you are making. It becomes harder to pump as baby gets older as well.

If you are nursing him as well as pumping and his is satisfied from the nursing you are making enough. You might want to have him in the room with you while you are nursing. It might help with let down and getting the supply out. I know that I always pumped better at work when I was totally relaxed and usually happened when I was chatting with co workers. (they couldn't see me but knew where I was and just chatted.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• make oatmeal with organic whole milk every morning helps a lot. Also pump after you nurse will help too. Drink a lot of milk, soup or water will help
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 9:21 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Are you exclusively pumping? If not NURSE ON DEMAND and if you do that, and change 6-8 diapers in a 24 hr period. If you're EPing, I DO know that there are things you can do to increase pump output, but the EPing Moms group here would have better, more specific advice. If you're nursing, know that the ONLY thing a pump can tell you, is how you respond to a pump. It means nothing in regards to supply or how much baby gets while nursing.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree with a PP. It might help with pumping more out if you have the baby nurse on the side you're not pumping on or have your baby with you. If he/she is making noise that'll definitely help with the let down. I started out nursing, but my son was a VERY aggressive eater so I ended up switching to EPing after the first month left me with some pretty sore nipples haha. I definitely noticed that I was making less milk than before from my breast size. Plus I pumped bottles for hubby to feed our son with sometimes during the time that I was nursing and I practically overflowed the bottle then. Anyway, once I was only pumping I noticed my supply drop. Some other good suggestions that I saw other people mention are to drink more water, and to pump more often. I'd try pumping every 3hrs and try to go for at least 20-25mins on each side, even after you notice that the milk has stopped coming out.
    ours

Answer by ours at 2:26 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Drink lots of water..& it could be the pump your useingg if you or useing one & try letting him latch on maybe that will work better u can also speak to a lactating nurse to help with how to get more milk to come
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 2:34 PM on May. 22, 2011