Do you ever get the feeling that there there are men who join CM?

I don't know why but I do. Sometimes I worry that some of the groups that ask personal questions are started by men just so they can read what women will reply or even some of the questions asked here make me feel the same way.

Am I being paranoid or do other mom's feel the same way at times? Just wondering.

Susan0976

Asked by Susan0976 at 10:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• yea, i think that there are. it's kinda odd. i think that for the most part they probably just want to be nosy and see what we all talk about w/each other. weird
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I'm sure that there are men here.... I don't know why that a problem especially seeing some of them are "Mr. Mom" and need advice just like the rest of us.

Some of the question in my opinion are just to personal or off the wall...I just choose to ignore them....But in my opinion it doesn't neccesarly mean that men wrote them.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:53 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yes yes there are. A few have been caught on here too. I notice a post in a few of my groups about it evey few months. Hate to say it put it;s easy to make up a fake profile. There are even woman that don't and never have had kids on her "pretening" and steal ppls pictures and use them. But I suppose thats the internet for you.
    Magdelana81305

Answer by Magdelana81305 at 11:30 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Well, if they are smart they will come here and seek advice... I've read some guy forums just to find out how they think about things.. or even have asked for car advice before.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:14 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I agree with the first responder - as long as they're here for the right reasons, I really don't have a problem with men being on here. Too bad there's not a "CafeDad" anywhere...
    Spinse32

Answer by Spinse32 at 12:15 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Yeah when people ask weird sex questions, that's exactly why I stay out of the sex advice groups.
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I have asked questions here and people have responded to me by saying something that I was a man.

Sometimes some women can see a side of men in greneral that other women can't. And usually the women who can, seem to understand men a lot better then those who don't get it. I think that's why things can get heated in these forums. Sometimes us women needs to take 2 steps back and look inside the bowl instead of being in the bowl.
    Anonymous

• Probably, and it doesn't bother me at all. If they are parents (and why else would they be on here, if they weren't), then why shouldn't they get teh same advice and vent release we do. In general, this is a great site, and has been very helpful to me. Every parent should have a resource like this, man or woman.
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I believe that there are men on here. But some men are "moms" too. Advice is advice and if we can help them, then lets do it. This is cafe mom, not cafe moms who are female only. When a man has to play the role of mommy and daddy, where else can he go?
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 5:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Of course there are men on here.
    Men looking for parenting help as well as offering help.
    And I wouldn't be surprised if there are men looking for relationship help... what better way to find out what might be going on in your wife's head than to ask a bunch of women?

Are there trolls? Probably. Just report them when you find them.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008