Sad and Upset!!! Sonoma County Man Plans Mercy Killing Of Pets Ahead Of Rapture

This old person wants to kill his pets so they do not suffer the end of the world. He went to the pet hospital to get the med to carry out this stupid plan of course they refused.   http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2011/05/20/sonoma-county-man-plans-mercy-killing-of-pets-ahead-of-rapture/   Why? Going to far.

Those pets trust him.

sweet11-12

Asked by sweet11-12 at 8:38 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There are some sick individuals out there! Would he want someone to put him down to spare him the end of the world? Bet not!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:08 PM on May. 20, 2011

• As much as I feel for the pets, I really hope that the people who believe something will happen tomorrow won't try something to hurt their children :-/
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 9:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree with GomezMami ~ hopefully no one decides to do anything to their children or other family members.

As for this old man and his pets, while I don't agree with him as far as why he's doing it, I will say that I don't feel he's doing it to be mean. He isn't torturing them or hurting them, and he isn't doing it because they aren't perfect or some of the other sad excuses back yard breeders and some other people come up with when they take a pet to a vet or SPCA and tell someone to put them down. I can stomach this a lot easier than a litter of pups with dysplasia, whose owners never had the parents tested, are brought in and killed as worthless. Same goes when someone moves and won't find a place that takes pets.

Whether or not you believe what he does (and I do NOT), he is acting out of compassion and not selfishness, cruelty, or just not wanting them any more. I think he will miss them terribly if he does it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 9:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Some people are just sick and religion does not excuse it . Religious mania is as much a mental condition as schizophrenia . i hope the animals were taken away from him to be put up for adoption .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Because they believe the rapture is coming. There are a lot of people quitting their jobs to prepare for the rapture giving up possessions and doing weird stuff some of it can be undone . Its scary.....
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• This is really sad .... I feel for the man, the Tribulation is supposed to suck royally, but on the other hand, any true Christian knows that no one knows when the world will end. I think Harold Camping aught to be sued.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 9:22 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Maybe he doesn't trust left-behinders with petcare...y'know, zombies and all.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That's really sad.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• wow that's sad
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 9:11 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Omg, that's horrible. I'd call the SPCA and see if they would go get them since they are in danger. If he succeeds I think they should. charge him after the world doesn't end. He should be in a nut house where he can't hurt anyone or anything,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:40 PM on May. 20, 2011