Gestational diabetes

any moms even while controlling your gestational diabetes,how big was your baby??im small frame weighing 160 and you cant see it anywhere im nervous about how big my baby is going to be,im c section??anything i should know about?? thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did an excellent job at controlling my sugars. My oldest son was born at 36 weeks (the earliness was not GD related, there was another issue) and weighed 5lbs 10oz. My youngest son was born at 37 weeks, 3days and was 6lbs 10oz. As far as I know, there isn't any difference between any other deliveries, except they will test the babies sugars.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I had gestational diabetes. they thought my baby was going to be over 8 lbs according to the ultrasound. she was breech and ended up being 7 lbs 10 oz. I had a c-section too. I don't think you really have to worry as long as you're following your doctor's instructions. I gained about the same amount of weight and my baby came out fine. good luck momma!
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 9:07 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i didn't have it but was on the borderline, so they told me to watch it anyway. which, i didn't. that was both pregnancies. my ds was 10 5 22 my dd was only 8 3 20...so best to watch it :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:10 PM on May. 20, 2011

• thank u sooooo much,i will
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:30 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Brewer Diet is important!
    And so is hiring a care provider that saves cesareans for emergencies.
    You have options!
    ;-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:46 AM on May. 21, 2011