How many of you had your water break before you went to the hospital?

I was induced with both of my previous pregnancies, and I am getting paranoid about making it to the hospital in time if I go on my own. It is an hour drive and I have to have antibiotics during my labor for beta strep.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:29 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I literally had no water so no, I didn't. Sorry.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 9:32 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My doc told me that only a small percentage of women actually have their water break on its own. I think she said under 20%.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:35 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't know if that is good or bad news would like a definite sign before I drive an hour. On one hand, I don't want to drive an hour to find out I'm not ready to deliver, and on the other, I don't want to not take it seriously and deliver on the side of the road. I'm getting very anxious. My next appt is Monday and I am almost hoping (even though I really wanted to go on my own this time) that my doctor will give me an induction date again. I will be over 39 weeks then and it would be so much easier to know that my kids got to my cousin's in time, we got to the hospital in time, and that I got the antibiotics in time. Sigh. I've been having sporadic contractions, so I don't even know if I will make it til Monday.

Oh, provided the world doesn't end tomorrow, of course :) LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Nope. I was in labor for 13 hours before I went to the hospital.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• they broke it for me.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My water broke before I got to the hospital...I also needed antiobiotics for beta strep but did not get my full doses before my daughter came. Everything worked out fine though =)
    madimoma

Answer by madimoma at 9:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• madimoma...what do they do if you don't get your antibiotics in time? Do they give the baby antibiotics or is there testing? This is my first time dealing with it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 9:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My water broke with my son (my only child). No antibotics - simple test with a strip and my labor never progressed....
    Jakesmommie

Answer by Jakesmommie at 9:47 PM on May. 20, 2011

• 24 hours, 8 hours and 1 hour labor for each of my kids and my water never broke on it's own.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 9:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• my water broke with my second pregnancy, i thought i peed my pants. you should be fine, just because your water breaks doesn't mean the baby is coming right that second.
    TaylorBaby

Answer by TaylorBaby at 9:56 PM on May. 20, 2011