I dont get it...

How can I have 4 straight days of strong surchargeon an opk, be late by 5 days (guess in days because I haven't had my period in a couple of months), and still have a negative pregnancy test? Kind of bumbed...

triciabc21

Asked by triciabc21 at 9:32 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• ask a doctor
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If you have not had a period in a couple of months then you have not been ovulating. You can ovulate without bleeding first but if you ovulate YOU WILL BLEED unless you become pregnant.

Opks are VERY inaccurate. You could of had positives because you had a surge but then never released actually ovulated. If that is the case you are not REALLY late. Being LATE is determined by going pass your normal luteal phase AFTER ovulation has occured.
    Anonymous

• So how many times before you actually drop an egg? I have menstral/pregnant symptoms for 2 weeks.
    triciabc21

Comment by triciabc21 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on May. 20, 2011