Help!!!!1 im stressed out

for the first time in the 6month that ive been pregnant i got so stressed out that i smoked a cigrette now i FEELSOO BAD I knew it was bad and wrong but it seemed like the rite thing to do at the time now im stressed out EVEN MOORE!!! is my baby going to be ok?

aliviamom

Asked by aliviamom at 9:32 PM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I smoked when I was pregnant and all my kids are fine(I have 4). I did cut way back but never stopped.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:37 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Just don't smoke any more. You did it for six months, so stop now and keep it up! Smoking can cause low birth weight and other things, and I am sure that your baby will be fine, but DON'T SMOKE ANY MORE! I quit smoking when I was pregnant, it was the best thing I ever did. Four years later, I got stressed out and started smoking again. Don't do it! So expensive, smelly, and so bad for kids! Try to do other things to relieve your stress, breathing, vent to friends, chew gum, etc. Call a quit line in your state to get motivation to stay off of cigarettes, they are really nice and won't give you a hard time, don't be ashamed to ask for help! But listen to me, one more time, don't smoke another one! Ok?

good luck

dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Dont do it again....find another way to handle stressful situations.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 9:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am sure baby is just fine. I had a slip up a week ago due to stress and felt horrible about it! My OB said that I should find other ways to handle stress, but one cigarette most likely didn't hurt my little one.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My mom smoked with me and my sisters all of us have asthma and I have deformed lungs. I hope your baby is ok. Smoking puts your baby at risks for SIDS, low birth weight and lung problems for life.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• TY TY TY FOR PUTTING MY MIND AT EASE I AM NOT GOING TOO IT WAS THE FIST ONE IN 6 MONTHS AND I FEEL SOO GUILTY I JUST WORRY YOU NO I WANT HIS TO GO SMOOTH AND I FEEL LIKE I JUST COMPLICATED THINGSEVEN MORE BY DOING THAT
    aliviamom

Comment by aliviamom (original poster) at 9:46 PM on May. 20, 2011

• One cig shouldn't hurt baby. My mom smoked with each of us kids, and we all were low birth weight (well, compared to my kids, we were), but we were still within "normal" weight.

But I do agree, do your best to stay off those nasty things. Here's some *hugs* and hope you can find another way to de-stress. If you can, get a hold of your hub/bf/so and get some :D
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• i know you shouldnt smoke but i smoke with all 3 of my children and all of them are fine....i dont think that smoking one cigarette will hurt anything
    lvmy3lilones

Answer by lvmy3lilones at 11:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't make a habit of it but your baby is fine. Smoking reduces the oxygen the baby gets. Over time this leads to low birth weight and prematurity (early birth). One cigarette should not result in serious problems. One a day might.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 6:13 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Just don't do it anymore. Take a walk or call a friend.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:18 AM on May. 21, 2011