The Flu while pregnant...

Anyone else get the flu yet? i had the flu the other night into yesterday....

quick question though, i puked A LOT...and im 5 months pregnant...does that affect the baby at all?

btw...a bit off subject with my upper question..but another question is...is:: "How much is a breast pump?" idk how long ill be able to stand breastfeeding..i heard it gets painful...

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 4:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 1. Sounds more like you had a virus not the flu. The flu lasts more then 2 days, usually 5-7 days. It includes fever, body aches, coughing, runny nose, fatigue, headache, and yes sometimes vomitting. The vomitting you had was probably alright as long as you didnt get dehydrated. Some women throw up through their entire pregnancy.
    2. You can call WIC or the Hospital and ask if you can rent a hospital grade pump from them. Thats what I did and it worked alot better then anything I bought at the store.

Answer by gemgem at 4:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• oh i went to the ER and they told me i had all the flu symptoms including well..TMI, bad diarehha (cant spell) i had a bad fever too...everyone in my boyfriends family was getting sick and everyone got the same thing...i drink water 24/7

2-sounds good! thanks =]
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:16 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• about the breastfeeding and hurting i breast fed my son and as long as you get proper latch on and use lanolish cream and when washing do not scrub pat around your nipple aera
    if you are on public aid or some medical insurances will pay for a pum if you doc writes an order for it
    garricksmommy

Answer by garricksmommy at 5:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Be very very careful with the flu during pregnancy...Tell your Dr. immediate because (and this is definitely not to scare you) but I've read research talking about the flu and schizophrenia. I know that is incredibly extreme, but it just shows you the sensitivity to these kind of things...I hope you are feeling well now :)

LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 7, 2008