Do you think that some woman can only have one sex?

My mom was telling a friend of hers about my latest miscarriage( I have had 3) she told my mom that I most likely can't have boys then and that is why I lost 3 babies because they were boys. I have NEVER heard this before. Could it be true?? Can some woman only have 1 sex ?? I have 1 girl.

baby1love

Asked by baby1love at 4:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• Yes, it is possible.

The father may produce defective sperm for that sex, which causes them to "lose the race to the egg".
    Both parents may have a recessive genetic problem that effects one sex more than the other.
    The mother may have a recessive genetic problem that affects only boys. Since the father can't give the son a good copy of any bad genes on the X-chromosome from the mother, the bad copy from the mom becomes dominant. This is the main cause of color-blindness and hemoplhelia to name two disorders.

Is it something you can change? No. Is it something you can control? No. Is it something to blame yourself for or to feel guilt over? No.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I think that this is just an old wive's tale to be honest.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 4:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have had two MC'S and i thought about that myself once,

I have a dd and another dd on the way..

I thought i lost my boys
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 4:11 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• IDK, but I can say this. My mom only had girls. My older sister only had girls,and each of her baby daddy's gave son's to other women. I have only had a girl, but DH has a son by another woman. I guess if you look at details about the woman's fertility it may seem like she is only able to have one gender. Male sperm and Female sperm are not created equal.
    Anonymous

• well my moms friend had a still born and it was a girl and they told her that she wasn't able 2 have girl well a few months later she got prego wit a boy and now she is suppose 2 have a girlthis month so maybe things just aren't matching up rit and u will have miscarriages untill they do good luck
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I lost one of each.
    Also,if it was true it would be used to prevent miscarriages in woman.
    So,no gender does not matter.
    Anonymous

• The father determine's the gender. That's not to say that the enviroment in the female isn't more conducive to one sperm over the other.
    40sgr8

Answer by 40sgr8 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It is not possible. The father's sperm determines the sex, not the mother's egg. It is possible that one sex sperm is stronger than the other (usually female.) And a woman can not carry one sex better than the other. So no, women can't ONLY have children of one sex. There is always a chance.
    briezysmommy

Answer by briezysmommy at 4:24 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i guess maybe it could be if there is a genetic disorder that will allow one sex to be born and not another. For example, hemophalia -- boys will be born, girls gen. will not.
    You could have a genetic test if you are seriously worried but sometimes its just the way it is for no known reason.
    SOme famiies do tend to have more of one sex than another, IMO its probably and acidic thing (sperm that carry the x do vary a little from that with y -- the acid/base level they need and the speed/endurance -- I don't remember exactly how).
    however without knowing the sex of every miscarriage or the reason why it would be a silly assumption.
    Yes its possible , but not very likely.
    but once the child is concieved no, other than MAYBE a genetic disorder.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:26 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i thought it was the men who "chose" the sex of the babies.
    Mrs.McCoy917

Answer by Mrs.McCoy917 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 7, 2008