Why does this kitten keep meowing at me...constantly?

I have made sure the kittens have food, water, a litter box that is clean and also have played with them as well but this one kitten that seems to be close to me and alway follows me around she constantly meows at me...any advice or any reason on why she's doing that?

Asked by businesswife1 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Pets

• To be honest my boyfriend's cat has been like that with me ever since I met him. There's nothing I could do without him being with me, he talks to me constantly and took good care of me when I was pregnant (with hormones he just cuddled with me). I just let him cuddle with me all the time and just deal with it because I'm sure he's a little jealous.

Answer by Babyduche at 12:36 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• What I mean is why the constant meowing...sorry if I didn't say my question there a reason for it or is she just talking a storm with me?

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• she's decided she likes you... she wants some kitty love... hold her, pet her or cuddle her... she may just be an attention slut... I used to have a cat like that. ALWAYS wanted to be pet

Answer by mishkaa at 1:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• She loves you and is talking up a storm... Talk to her back, it gets annoying but she thinks you are her best friend...

Answer by Babyduche at 1:43 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Maybe you are right...thanks for the answers everyone!

Answer by businesswife1 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• There are several possibilities. How old is she? If she is 5-6 months or older, she could be in heat. If she is newly weaned, she may be having trouble transitioning being away from her mother. Also, there are some breeds such as Siamese that are VERY vocal and talk all of the time for no reason at all LOL :o) I hope this helps :o)

Answer by Rockenmooki at 10:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My Georgie does this. He did it a lot more as a kitten than he does now and it's mostly because he wants to be picked up and cuddled. Georgie is a VERY cuddley kitty. When he wanted kitty treats he would follow me around the house meowing. She could just be a very vocal kitten. Sometimes that happens, too.

Answer by morgan078681 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My cat does this. It is so annoying, because she has to meow at the most inappropriate times, like when I've just gotten my 8 month old to sleep.
    I think that kitten just feels very close to you.

Answer by Sarahem at 1:23 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Ok I had the same problem. I took in this stray kitten she had food, water and clean litter box and toys but always meowed at me all the time. She just wanted attention. But then when I left she'd tear up stuff. I realized it was seperation anexity (or however you spell it) she hates beeing alone and or needs a friend like herself. I fixed it by getting another cat the same sex and they are best buds. You may need to get another cat to keep her company. Yes she has you as company but she also needs someone to understand her. Another cat.

Answer by CuteCowgirlMami at 9:33 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The kittens are only 7 weeks old...we are planning on keeping one of them and two are going to a friend.

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 21, 2008