who can I get info on choosing a doctor when I am low income and have no insurance?

I don't want to go on welfare, but wondered if anyone knew of other programs that could help me with routine exams & such.

Daniellecherie

Asked by Daniellecherie at 4:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• We have a free health clinic here run by the state. Check your yellow pages in the government section.
    Anonymous

• If u are low income then u should be able to qualify for your states health insurance. Or go to a clinic that charges for each visit or go to a clinic and speak to a social worker that can connect u with places that can give u free or low cost help.
    2soon

Answer by 2soon at 4:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• call your medicaid/food stamp office and have them send you a flier of dr. they are usually pretty cheap even if you can't get on medicaid. medicaid if you are low enough on the bracket usually pays for the whole pregnancy
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 5:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008