If you knew you were going to die, what would you do?

If you knew for sure that you would die, say in six months, what would you do? Would you do anything differently from what you are doing now? Would you tell people you were going to die? Would you do things from your "bucket list?"

Why aren't you doing those things now? Is it because you don't have the money, the time, or the guts?

If I was going to die in six months, I would probably find the money to travel with my son to see some places with him. I'm not doing it now because of money. I wouldn't tell many people, because I wouldn't want them to be sad about losing me. That's different from what I am doing now...

dwmom2008

Asked by dwmom2008 at 9:56 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd tell my DH for sure but I'd keep it from my family for awhile, I wouldn't want to see them grieving before I'm gone. I'm already extremely close with my families and spend a lot of time with them, I'd spend more time in Ireland with my grandparents other than the two weeks during the summer every year - I'd probably spend at least a month there. I'd write letters and make video messages for my kids to read and watch as they grow up; I'd try like hell not to break down every time I look into the eyes of the people I love and I'd try not to be angry all the time. Death is a huge fear for me especially dying young, I want to watch my kids grow up and see the amazing people I know they'll be. I want to see what my two youngest brothers do with their life after they finish high school and so on and if I wasn't able to do that I have to admit I'd be extremely angry.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 10:47 PM on May. 20, 2011

• yeah, i probably wouldnt tell anyone. But if I had the money, I would travel with my hubby and son. I would spend every freaking moment with them. They are my life! But besides that, I dont really have a bucket list. Just traveling! Oh, and make sure I would get a house for my son and my husband to live in so I knew they would always be secure in the future!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 10:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would make my kids happy and let them know how much i love them! - i do that anyways! :-)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Shave my head and hand out flowers. Always wanted to do that....
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 10:04 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would go back to the place where I grew up with my kids. It's important to me, I know because I've dreamed about it through my adult years. I want my kids to know where I come from.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I want to visit each state in the US, and I'd also like to go visit a few countries. I can't now because of the money issue, plus the 4 young kids (4 1/2-10 yrs old).

I would also up my insurance policy.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Spend every moment I can with my DD and DH. Love on them like crazy. Oh, wait, I already do that! :)
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 11:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'd spend as much time with my kiddos as possible.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:26 AM on May. 21, 2011