Are you young and going gray??

I am 21 and I am already starting to grow gray hair.
My mom said it is one of the many gifts that come along with parenting. Ha!
I never really worried about going gray, I always thought I would just let my hair become gray cuz thats the beauty of age. But I am young. I don't want to look old. No offense.
My graying didn't really bother me till my MIL started throwing it in my face. How Rude!
Now I am self consious and I don't even want to throw my hair in a pony cuz she notices and points it out. Do I point out her crows feets or sagging breast. No!
I'm thinking about dying my hair but I am nervous. I have beautiful virgin hair and I don't want to kill my hair with harsh chemicals.

styhmMommy

Asked by styhmMommy at 10:10 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Since is was 15! I have a patch of gray but haven't found anything new since then
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 10:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I started going grey long before I had kids! Use a semi-permanent color, it will say on the box that it washes out gradually or that it has no ammonia. Ask a friend who colors her hair to help you find one, or ask your stylist who cuts your hair to recommend a brand. Just use it on the grey hair in the front (I am guessing that is where you are seeing them, as that is where we all grey first!) Whatever you do, don't pluck. It doesn't help, and when they grow back, they will stick up! So ugly!

And you MIL is crap-tastic for being such a witch! She's just jealous you married her little boy, don't take it personally.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:13 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I started getting gray about 5 years ago. i'm 31 now. I only had about 3. but now i have like a streak of it.. it only grows in that one spot so far. i went to cosmetology school and learned that even when you color it its going to show back up. lol it lasted for a while tho.. now i'm just letting it grow i don't care any more. but then again i'm 31 .. and i know the feeling when MIL points mine out.. all i do is smile but in side i just want to scream!
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 10:15 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'm 28 and I have started growing gray hair on my chin (one place I'm thankful it isn't black I guess...not that I'm thrilled LOL), and "down below". There is something awful in thinking that your "fun zone" got older faster than the rest of you LOL

It happens. You can't prevent it or stop it. Silly to stress about it I suppose.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It's funny my grays are all coming in one spot in the front right side... at this rate I will look like the chic from X men soon...lol
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 10:38 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am 28, and I've noticed that I'm getting a grey here and there but its not very noticeable... yet.. I've been going to the salan and having it high lighted, because that is suppose to be better for your hair, I also heard that the chems they use arent as harsh.. If I were you I'd consider getting high lights every few months..
    Alexis82

Answer by Alexis82 at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• One answer for you. www.goinggraylookinggreat.com It's not as bad as you think. If I can do it, so can you! Everyone takes a turn.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 11:05 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I started going gray when I was 25 and my mom was about that age when she got her first gray but I was dying my hair way before I was turning gray. But now that I'm 32 I make sure I cover them up because I don't want anyone to see them.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:30 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I'm 32 and getting a few white hairs at the temples. After I get my hair cut to donate this time I might start coloring it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm 27, and I've had grays since I was a teenager. You may, however, want to have your thyroid checked. Early gray is a symptom of Graves Disease. My aunt was totally gray by 25 and that's the reason, we now know. It doesn't affect your quality of life, though. Good luck!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 5:41 PM on May. 22, 2011