2 mo old question

can you please share with me what a day in the life of your 2 mo old looks like? how much do they sleep? what type of things do they do (play gym, swing, bouncer, boppy, etc)? when do they go to sleep in the crib each night? how much and how often do they eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was 2 months, he pretty much just slept and ate. In between that, he spent sitting with me while I talked and played with him. He was still sleeping in a bassinet and he woke up every 3-4 hours to eat.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:26 PM on May. 20, 2011

• a 2 months old baby basically eat, sleep and poo. I usually put my son on the floor gym, bouncer, swing and some tummy time. He can't hold any toys or anything. So most of the time I hold him and watch tv, I talk to him a lot or sing. My son doesn't like to take naps, max he takes is 2 naps that's less than 30min, but every baby is different. He eats every 3 hours. I usually put himm to sleep around 8 or 9 after a bath and bottle.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 10:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My son is two months old right now and his day consists of sleeping and eating mostly. Though he is staying awake for abot two hours at a time now....when he is awake I play with him, putting him on his play mat, read to him, talk to him and especially make as much eye contact as possible. Also he has a lot of sisters so someone always wants to hold him and talk to him. He has been sleeping in his own bed every night since he was born...he prefers it if I put him in his crib when he is sleepy but still awake and he puts himself to sleep. He sleeps about 3 or 4 hours between feedings...at night I mix a little formula with the breast milk so he sleeps longer...his doctor said this is fine and won't hurt him at all.
    Yozhick

Answer by Yozhick at 10:32 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My first was napping three times a day, would get tired after 1-2 hours of being awake, spent some time in the swing if he got fussy, ate 2-3 oz of formula every 3-4 hours or so, went to bed at 8:00. He started sleeping through the night (12 hours) at 2.5 months.

My second was napping two or three times a day, 2 hours at a time, nursed every 3-4 hours during the day, went to bed at 8:00, and was already sleeping through the night (11 hours). (This didn't last for her, though; she started waking up again at 6 months.) She never cared for the swing and went to work with me, so most of her days at that point were spent in her infant carrier or a bouncy seat.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:55 PM on May. 20, 2011

• our days differ as far as how much napping he does depending on if we go out and run errands or stay in for the day. but we do tummy time and i put him in his vibrating chair every day. we try to put him to bed by 9, and he will sleep 8 hours or so, sometimes waking up once to eat around two, but sometimes he'll sleep all night.
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 8:20 PM on May. 21, 2011