Your opinion

Im writing my final essay on Middle school children having computers with internet access in their rooms and if im for or against it. Im a mom of a 4 year old, not quite middle school age lol so i wanna know the opinions of moms who actually have middle school aged kids and if their kids DO or DO NOT have computers with internet access in their room and Why or Why not? Thanks Ladys!!

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 10:22 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have a middle schooler and there is a computer in his room I have parental controls on it and he can only get on the internet when I put a password in. I am trying to tech him responsibility
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:28 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I had a computer in my room with access to everything. Very bad idea. My parents had no clue about computers. I know better for my kids. We have a computer in the living room where the kids can play but they are supervised. When they become teens they won't have access to everything.
    Sweets27

Answer by Sweets27 at 10:39 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My daughter is now 14 but has had a computer in her room since about 7. She is completely trustworthy. I was not as trustworthy when I was a kid. It really depends on the person.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My daughter will be 14 in June. she does not have a computer in her room, but she wants one. We are considering it . She is a straight A student and very responsible. I am not thrilled about the idea, but she is growing up. She is aware of the dangers online.
    jcm62497

Answer by jcm62497 at 7:47 PM on May. 21, 2011

• my SO's little brother is 12 and he isn't allowed to have a computer in his room because of things he has done to get introuble online. kids are exposed to things online way easier than they are in real life. you wouldn't want them running around town by themselves talking to any adult that feels like talking to them or allowing them access to inappropriate material would you? We wouldn't, so we monitor his internet time which means, no computer in his room.
    agallo004

Answer by agallo004 at 9:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I have a 9 yr old and a 12 yr old and the only computer is downstairs in the living room.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:30 PM on May. 24, 2011

• my SS is 13 and we don't allow him to have a computer in his room. we want to monitor his computer usage (content and quantity) and can't do that if it's in his room.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 12:06 PM on May. 25, 2011