Amniotic fluid or pee?

36 weeks, 5 days pregnant! I just went to te bathroom then layed down an feel wet an i have did this about 5 times in the last 30 minutes! How can i tell if its amniotic fluid or pee?

Also my baby has been moving a lot more since this an I just went to the doctor yesterday an was dilated to 2.!

K_Dawn82

Asked by K_Dawn82 at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would go in to the hospital to get checked. This exact thing happened to me. I thought it was pee, but thinking about it made me nervous. I decided to go in and I had been leaking for 18 hours. They admitted me that night and I had my son the next day. The worst thing they will do is send you home. If it is your water leaking and you let it go past 24 hours, your baby will need to get antibotic shots when they are born. Bacteria can get in past 24 hrs. Good Luck!
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That happened to me with my first and I called labor and delivery and they told me to relax and take a shower and lay down for 30-45 minutes, then get up and if it was still leaking come in. Go ahead and call and see what they say but it sounds like your in labor :) congrats
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 10:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Sounds like its your amniotic fluid. Sounds gross, but what did it smell like? Did it smell like urine? I would head into labor and delivery to have it tested. Good luck!!
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• They only need antibiotics because of vaginal exams, don't let them check you unless it absolutely necessary and the baby won't be at risk for infections.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:58 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Thank you all (: I havent did this in the last 15-20 minutes! but when it does it feels like im peeing a little bit on myself, would i be able to hold it in if it was amniotic fluid?
    K_Dawn82

Comment by K_Dawn82 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on May. 20, 2011

• If it was amniotic fluid u wouldn't be able to hold it in because it comes from ur vagina not from ur urethra(where u pee out of)... I would definitely get checked out...
    LovingLife90

Answer by LovingLife90 at 11:50 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Does it have an odor or color?

You can hold it in temporarily.
    Or baby's head can cork it.

Don't get your cervix checked if you suspect you've ruptured of course!
    You can a lonnng while without adding unnecessary risks if you keep everything out!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:23 AM on May. 21, 2011