Another "water breaking" question...did you feel pressure or any other sensation before your water broke?

I have heard a couple women say they thought they had to pee, and then made it to the bathroom only to have their water break in front of the toilet or outside the door.

Is there a pressure or "I have to pee" sensation that goes with it?

I feel stupid asking...this is, after all, my third child...I've just been induced before.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:37 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt nothing I was standing there talking to a friend and all of a sudden I was soaked
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 10:40 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I didn;t feel anything... I just sat up and woossssssshhhhhh.... there it went. But I was in the hospital both times! ;o)

If you think your water broke call your midwife/OB.... they will ask you a few questions and tell you what they want you to do!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yeah, for me it was just boom! splash! but I think that some people have a dribble. But I don't think you you would feel like you have to pee. I think it would just dribble out
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I am just getting real close to the end of this pregnancy, and paranoid and impatient.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Comment by Mom-2-3-Girlz (original poster) at 10:44 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I didn't feel anything. I was just cooking dinner and then I was standing in a (smallish) puddle!
    jspencer1014

Answer by jspencer1014 at 10:45 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I was at the hospital and I felt odd all of the sudden and my left side seemed to swell up and all of the sudden 'SPLASH' literally, even the doctor got wet lol
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Nope, but I did hear and feel a pop
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:52 PM on May. 20, 2011

• And for my second time they broke it for me and it was a big splash also, but not as big and dramatic as #1.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 10:53 PM on May. 20, 2011

• My water broke w/ my third. I was induced w/ #1, had regular contractions that sent me to the hospital w/ #2, and my water broke w/ #3 (I was very happy and excited to have experienced all three!!!!).
    Earlier in the day I had felt a "pop, pop" or "click, click" feeling when I peed one time. I dind't think anything of it. I went to bed and felt that same sensation and stood up (since it seemed odd) and felt the gush. I knew my water had just broken!!!!!!! No sensations to pee or pressure prior!!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 11:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I felt that my son was kicking harder. I even mentioned it to dh. I felt as if my son was stretching. Then I felt the need to go to the bathroom. In the way to the bathroom my water broke. I still can pictured dh putting paper towels on the floor. Another thing was that once in the bathroom I stayed there for 1/2 hour. Its amazing how your body gets ready for the big day....I was in the bathroom literally evacuating. LOL But talking seriously I would recommend to reject or decline when the hospital asks if you want an enema. You don't need one.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 11:03 PM on May. 20, 2011