Do any of you ever feel guilty for leaving the baby to go and work outside the home

I am a student and I know I am going to better my life and have a job I love but I feel so guilty leaving her with someone else. and I hate hearing the stories about how she did that day because I feel like I should of been there. how do I get over this over whelming guilty feeling?

NurseKlein

Asked by NurseKlein at 10:42 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, I completely trusted the day care that I took my son to. Staying at home wasn't an option for me, and I was ok with it.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:54 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No, because I stayed at home with all mine. Now, I even feel guilty when I leave my dogs to go to work. (My kids are now grown.)
    patrowbo

Answer by patrowbo at 10:59 PM on May. 20, 2011

• its hard at first, but you will get used to it! Hang in there!
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 11:00 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I would have felt like that had I worked outside the home. I was fortunate enough to be a stay at home mom. If I'd had my own mom handy for babysitting, I don't know that I would have felt so guilty.
    patrowbo

Answer by patrowbo at 11:01 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I don't know that you can get over it.
    patrowbo

Answer by patrowbo at 11:02 PM on May. 20, 2011

• No, it is awful. I went right back to work after my daughters were born and I cried for months on end. I am getting ready to deliver my third anytime and I will NOT be going back to work. I kind of feel like I am abandoning the hard work I put into my degrees and career, but I would rather feel like I was missing out on work than missing out on my children.

That said, you do what you NEED to do to give your child the best life. We are at a point where I can stay home and not take away from our lifestyle and family's needs. Know that no matter what you're doing, as long as it is to the benefit of your children and family, there should not be any guilt attached to it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:12 PM on May. 20, 2011

• sorry that you feel that way, it will get better with time
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 11:41 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes! At first it was awful! Now it's a easier, but I miss him like crazy!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:00 AM on May. 21, 2011