Any divorced Christian moms out there? How would you deal with an ex who did this?

I am trying not to hold onto old feelings but it is really hard when he does this. My ex husband is thousands of dollars behind in child support. Which is sad in the first place since I only asked for the minimum. He has had only one paying job in the past 8 yrs that he kept for maybe 1 1/2 yrs on and off. Anyways he never even bothered to file his income taxes because as he put it. Why bother if he wasn't getting any of it. Well I finally got him to actually go file for the past 2 yrs and he only did that because he thought he might get some of it back. Well now all he keeps talking about is how he expects me to give him 1/3 of it when I get it through the child support office. It does not seem to matter to him that I am on the verge of losing me and my sons home and can barely pay the bills as it is. I am having a hard time finding work since I have to find a job I can take my son with me too. My son has special needs and is going through a very hard time right now. We also have no family here anymore who can help. I just cannot seem to stop being resentful that he doesn't seem to care. He lives with his own Father so he doesn't have any bills to pay. I highly suspect that the reason he quit his job is because they took money out of his check for child support. So now he sells plasma and his foodstamps and bus pass for money. So he has spending money and doesn't have to give any to us. He is an alcoholic and I have now found out he is smoking pot again. So I am wondering how you would deal with this sort of situation and still be a good Christian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• As a Christian, I would not give him a dime. You have a son that needs to be taken care of. God doesn't intend for us to allow ourselves to get screwed. Do u get any money because of your son being special needs?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:20 PM on May. 20, 2011

• You can be a good Christian and still tell him no, his child needs that money. You do not have to honor his request, especially since he's so far indebted to your child in the first place.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:10 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Being a Christian does NOT mean being a doormat and giving everything to everybody.
    Your ex should read the Bible;"a man who doesnot provide for his family is worse than an unbeliever"What he is doing is just plain wrong,a nd if you give him what he is asking for, you are wrong too. Don't enter into this with him...provide for your sons and do not waver. It has less to do with being a good christian and more to do witrh being a good mom....
    Your faith in not in jeopardy!
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 12:39 AM on May. 21, 2011

• It's not that I think I am not being a good Christian if I don't give him the money. It is more the resentment I feel that I cannot seem to let go of. I just can't believe he thinks what he is doing is ok and hope he doesn't start harrassing us if I don't give it to him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 AM on May. 21, 2011

• As a Christian, I would not give him a dime.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:33 AM on May. 21, 2011