I gave my 3yr old son a bath around 5pm its now 820 and he has something sticky in his hair

would I be a bad mom if I didnt give him another bath.. He has a cold and I knw he will scream and its almost bed time.. PLEASE BE HONEST!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on May. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• No. I had the same thing happen to me today with my DS. I would either use a wet wipe or take a wash cloth and squeeze a bit of water on the spot, then wipe. That really doesn't make you a bad mom :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:24 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I'd probably just try to get it out with some water ... it doesn't make you a bad mom, but I def would be too lazy to bathe him again lol.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:25 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I agree. Use a wet washcloth, and do the best you can. It's late... He's sleepy... It'll wait :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• is this a real question? If not giving your kid a second bath every time they somehow manage to get sticky after their jammies are on, then I am a BAD MOM! Try to get some rest:) Hope your son feels better soon.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 11:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• It wont come out with water or a baby wipe.. and he looked at me with puppy dog eyes. please mom no bath.. I guess tonight he will go to bed with sticky hair.. im thinking its yogart.. THANK YOU LADIES
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:27 PM on May. 20, 2011

• I ask bc When my husband comes home I feel guilty he is coming home to clean child.. and being dirty is one of my pet peeves especially going to be dirty.. But im over it.. he will live. its just yogart or jelly in his hair.. I think
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:29 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Maybe you could use a very small amount of Purell brand alcohol hand sanitizer, scrub, and let it dry. I wouldn't use any other brand because the off brands have been found to use a type of alcohol that is impure and dangerous.
    Guest85

Answer by Guest85 at 11:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• That still doesn't make you a bad mom. He's a kid and he's bound to get dirty a lot. Don't worry and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. No one is perfect. Best luck momma :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 11:31 PM on May. 20, 2011

• One bath a day is enough. Try again tomorrow.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:33 PM on May. 20, 2011

• Yes for heaven's sake just let him go to bed. Sticky hair never killed anybody as far as I know.
    blackisbetter

Answer by blackisbetter at 6:06 AM on May. 21, 2011