Have you had false negative or false positive?

Have you had either a false negative or a false positive? What brand? Days before/after period? :)

Lol just curious, I think I have had both in the past...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on May. 20, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• False positives are VERY VERY VERY VERY rare and almost NEVER happen on a good pink die test. That being said....blue die tests are known for false positives. There are issues with the color and antibody strip in the blue ones.

I had a false positive on TWO blue die test in a row. Did a little research and found I was not the only one.

I have also had false negatives but only because the hormone was not high enough in my urine yet to detect it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Pink dye never registered me being pregnant with my first, so I kinda don't like them. I usd like three first response even after my blood test to prove it didn't work to my cousin... Idk just curious now if it'll be different with number two
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:33 AM on May. 21, 2011

• i had 2 false negatives with first response, which is a VERY good test. in fact i took 2 tests a week apart each time and the 2nd came back positive the first was negative and each time i was entering my 2nd trimester.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 12:34 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I have never had either but this is why I am going to use digital when I test again lol
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:07 AM on May. 21, 2011