How much self esteem do you have? What took away your self esteem?

or wht Contributed to you feeling good about yourself. Do you ever feel crazy? Do you ever feel broken? W hat is something you like abt yourself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Health

• The only time I get down on myself is when I make a stupid mistake that could have been avoided. I work in broadcast journalism and learned early on not to let negative comments get to me. I take constructive criticism to improve myself, but unconstructive critiques and/or attempted insults are ignored entirely.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I have low self esteem... I was sexually abused when I was little and I still haven't got over it... don't think I ever will... it makes me feel crazy an I doubt myself all the time... now my DD makes me feel good about myself but it is still hard...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 12:23 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I had very low self esteem. My MIL and DH pulled me out. I would yell and scream and cry at him for almost the entire first year of our marriage. He never left me. I was over whelmed with being a mom, wife, alive, and I took it out on him.
    My MIL forced me to interact with people. Literally making me share my DD. (I breast fed for over a year cause I didn't want any one to take her for too long, she was MINE dammit.)
    I thank god for both of them backing me up when finally had the nerve to tell my mother to back off and leave me alone.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:29 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I don't know how much I have! What takes away from it is the weight I have gained. What makes me feel good is when I know I am living right and in close relationship with God. I am absolutely crazy and broked sometimes!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:54 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I've always has low self-esteem. Never felt loved from my father, never felt good enough that I could actually have a boyfriend, and when I did, he was the worst mistake of my life (nearly raped me...and I wish I had known then what I know now, cuz he would be in jail for molestation, I did NOT want him touching me, I told him NOT to, yet he did it anyway...and yet I was stupid enough to stay with him...damn hindsight). I don't know, I just can't get over this feeling of not being worthy of even having a simple friendship. I'll make a friend, they get in a bad place, I'll bend over backwards to help them out, only to get stabbed in the back by them. Although my husband does make me feel better about myself. He's an awesome husband.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:57 AM on May. 21, 2011

• These questions require very long answers if you want the whole story but I'll try to make it short. My self-esteem was destroyed at a young age by being rejected and then often feeling rejected by many people. Right after I graduated high school I do believe I actually went crazy for a short time. I figure you don't mean for this to be religious but the one who saved me was my God. Without Him I know that I would not have lived through that. What I now love about myself and find strength in is the love for all of humanity that God has placed in my heart. I am a completely different person today and I will forever thank my only true Father for that.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 12:59 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I know it may sound funny but my husband has done all those things to me lol. I meet him when I was 18 and he opened me up more to things and we did more but then after having kids he changed and we dont do much together alone any more and I go crazy lol only being around kids all day four of them lol..
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 12:59 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My self esteem is through the roof. What made it that way???? IDK it was off kilter for a moment just cause I was reevaluating it and myself but I know I'm the shit.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:40 AM on May. 21, 2011

• I think I have good self esteem. I think that I am a good wife, mother, friend, daughter, sister. I am fine with my looks, I would like to lose weight, but being overweight does not make me feel bad about myself.I don't dwell and don't feel bad about myself. I don't know if has something to do with the way I was raised, b/c I know my mom thinks she is the isht :)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 10:26 AM on May. 21, 2011