How can they not be happy ?

I am mainly talking about my step sister... but I know alot of other women like this too...

I am with her basically everyday but she is just draining me and I dont think I can be around her much longer !!!

This should be a very happy time in her life - she just had her 3rd child ( It isnt PPD because she was like this before too) ... she has a husband who not only takes the main care of the kids, cooks, cleans, but he also work a good job and makes such good money she gets to stay home and they dont even have to worry about money ( yes literally) ... They have a nice large house that was given to them by his family ( meaning they dont have to pay for it but it is all theres) , she has 2 cars all to herself, as soon as she had the baby she lost a ton of weight and is even skinnier than before....

But yet she isnt happy, and constantly complains.
- she complains her husband doesnt get to spend enough time with her, so he cut back on his hours, so then she complained they had less money . She complained about being overwhelmed with the kids and house so he switched shifts so he could do all of that ( she literally has no "chores" ) .
- if she doesnt feel like watching the kids when he isnt home, she has a number of people who gladly comes to pick them up.
- she has the nice house that most people wish they could have, and if he doesnt clean it up she lets it get trashed , and has absolutly no intention of decorating it or ever making it nicer.

I will be honest maybe it is a little bit of jealousy ( as in I have been trying for over 3 years to have another baby, been trying to find a house for over 2, cant seem to lose the weight from my last pregnancy no matter how hard I try, and I have a husband whose idea of helping is lifting his feet up while I vaccuum under him, and then complaining that he cant hear the tv.)

But really do you know of someone else like that ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on May. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• She sounds depressed.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:34 AM on May. 21, 2011

• NO but i'd slap some reality into her... do a swap for a week... lol kinda like wife swap and let her see how real life works... not her fantasy... i wish my husband would at least lift his feet... lol
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:35 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Alot of people assume she is depressed... but this has really always been her personality ...

She likes to do things and she does have alot of fun, it just doesnt have to do with her family or home
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:37 AM on May. 21, 2011

• My biological mother was like that. For some people, happiness is not the goal...nothing is ever enough...they enjoy the pity and complaining and comiserating. I don't understand it, but I try to ignore it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:38 AM on May. 21, 2011

• she lacks purpose in her life. it has *no meaning* and that keeps her from experiencing all the joy and satisfaction that life can offer.
    ferrellmt

Answer by ferrellmt at 12:48 AM on May. 21, 2011

• Ya unfortunately I know people like this and I can be like that too at times. You can't compare your life to hers. Being happy is a choice you have to make every single day! Sometimes being around negative people like that brings me WAY down though and it's really hard.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:50 AM on May. 21, 2011

• THINK... WELL YOU NEED TO PROGRESS AND GOOD LUCK
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 11:15 AM on May. 21, 2011

• If she isn't depressed then she is lazy, selfish, demanding, rude, immature and has serious entitlement issues. Everyone in her life should start telling her the truth and quit catering to her every whim and whine.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:25 PM on May. 21, 2011

• Can I switch places with her please? I'll even just take the skinny part!
    JuliaW

Answer by JuliaW at 7:28 PM on May. 21, 2011

• She needs Jesus.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 7:34 PM on May. 21, 2011